In 2012, the idea was born to hold, in the Caribbean, a conference on Life and Family values. This event became the first World Congress of Families regional event in the Caribbean. With a potent mix of regional and international speakers, the event was a great success and resulted in a second such congress being held in 2013 again in Trinidad and Tobago. The WCF Caribbean was established in 2012 and is dedicated to protecting, supporting and advancing the Natural Family as the cradle of humanity and crucial to a stable and well functioning society.
The WCF Caribbean is a practical effort to lead the regional pro-family movement and build greater understanding and encourage new networks and initiatives among natural family advocates at the national and regional levels.
The natural family is the fundamental social unit, inscribed in human nature, and centered around the voluntary union of a man and a woman in a lifelong covenant of marriage, for the purposes of:
- satisfying the longings of the human heart to give and receive love;
- welcoming and ensuring the full physical and emotional development of children;
- sharing a home that serves as the center for social, educational, economic, and spiritual life;
- building strong bonds among the generations to pass on a way of life that has transcendent meaning;
- extending a hand of compassion to individuals and households whose circumstances fall short of these ideals.
In 2016, the first Caribbean regional event outside of Trinidad will be held on the beautiful island of Barbados on April 8 & 9. Follow the link for more information.